7 Reasons To Sell In Septemberche2020-07-17T15:28:23+01:00
7 Reasons To Sell Your Home In September
While Spring is a normally a favourite time to sell your house, there are other times of year that are great times for selling property, especially to up-sizer’s: buyers – usually families – who are looking for a larger home.
Family buyers are known to buy at three distinct times of year: autumn, spring and early summer. Recognise the significance of these times? They are term times!
Buyers with children don’t usually like to house hunt during the holidays. Firstly, because they have better things to do, perhaps going on holiday, and secondly, it’s a whole lot more stressful viewing a home when you have a bored and whiny child to contend with. Mum’s and Dad’s tend to wait until the children are in school, so they can view the house in peace. In addition, summer time is a time for playing outside and enjoying the garden, so up-sizer’s won’t feel as squeezed for space in the warmer months, and consequently their move may not feel as urgent.
Even though house hunters looking in September and October are usually fewer in number, they tend to be keener to make an early decision, so they can move in and start enjoying the house for Christmas.
Let’s take a look the top seven reasons why selling in September might be the best option for you:
1. The schools have just gone back so it feels like a new year for parents. New year = new start, perhaps in your home.
2 .Buyers looking at property at this time of year are usually keen – they probably have plans to have moved into their new home for Christmas, and this excitement keeps them on track.
3. If you have a family, having the children out of the house during the day means you will find it easier to keep it tidy.
4. Your home looks warm and cosy, with lamps lit and the fire on. A ‘twilight’ image at this time of year can really show your home at its toasty best.
5. With the colder weather, homeowners often retreat to inside, leaving their home feeling smaller, and motivating them to find a bigger house.
6. Because the schools have gone back, parents are free to view homes child-free. That means they are more relaxed, less hurried, and in a better frame of mind to make a decision.
7. Your garden still looks lovely, and as the leaves start to drop, views often improve.
Trying to decide whether to sell now or wait till the new year? Ask us!